KINGSTON PARISH COUNCIL
As a result of the resignation of a Parish Councillor Kingston Parish Council are looking to co-opt a new Parish Councillor to serve the community
Could you become that Councillor?
Are you interested in local current affairs?
Do you wish to serve your Community?
Could you provide a voice for residents?
To serve as a Councillor you must:
1. be aged 18 or over
2. be a UK, EU or Commonwealth citizen
3. be registered to vote in the area, or have worked or lived in the area for one year
4. not be disqualified by any statute,
5. be an elector of the Parish, or
6. the whole of the last 12 months have either occupied as owner or tenant land or other premises in the parish, or
7. have a principal or only place of work in the Parish, or lives within 4.8 kilometres (three miles) of the Parish boundary
The term of office will run until the next ordinary elections in May 2019. This position is only open to people that live in the Parish of Kingston or within 3 miles of the Parish boundary
You don’t need any formal qualifications, but you’ll enjoy being a councillor if you’re well-organised, and good at communicating and working with other people.
The Parish Council meets eleven times a year, (monthly apart from August);
For further information or an informal chat please contact the Parish Clerk; firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel 01227 832028